StoneTrends makes no implied or express warranty regarding merchantability or fitness for or implied, other than as set forth herein. No fabricator, installer, dealer, agent, or employee of StoneTrends has authority to modify the obligations or limitations of this warranty. This warranty is issued only to the original purchaser (the customer by whom StoneTrends was paid), and is not transferable. However, this warranty also governs any claims which may be filed by the original end-user. The following guidelines are intended solely to clarify an understanding of properties, characteristics, or conditions associated with Cambria and installation services by StoneTrends. They do not representall of the properties, characteristics, or conditions which may be covered or which may be excluded from coverage under this warranty.
- CAMBRIA is pure natural quartz. Variations in color, pattern, shade, and surface smoothnesswill exist, and are unique characteristics inherent in natural stones as well as with Cambria. Blotches of off-color material, small particulates of color not common to the overall color scheme, or irregular particulate distribution will occur in natural quartz surfaces, and are not considered to be imperfections and are not covered under this warranty. Additionally, the color or shade of your Cambria may vary between the sample you used in the selection process and the material used on your project, as well as between the various pieces installed. Such color variations are to be expected in Cambria, are not considered defects, and are not covered under this warranty.
- CAMBRIA countertops often contain one or more seams. Placement of seams (including the use of “rails”) is solely at the discretion of StoneTrends. Seams will be visible to the eye and touch. Every effort will be made to insure the seam is placed in the best location for the structural integrity of the countertop and to make it aesthetically pleasing. Due to the unique characteristics of CAMBRIA, it is not possible to guarantee a match in color, veining (including the direction of veins) or finish when seaming two pieces together. Additionally, stone slabs may contain some bowing or warping, therefore in some instances seams may not be level across their entire length. Placement of the seams is at the discretion of the fabricator, will be discussed at the time of template and finalized during engineering.
- CAMBRIA is structurally more resistant to surface damage than other types of stone. However,any stone can be damaged by excessive force or pressure. Occasionally very small pieces of quartz particulate may become dislodged from the surface of CAMBRIA. Usually – though not always – such “quartz pops” can be addressed with a simple refinishing process. Instances when refinishing does not completely hide the affected area are not covered under this warranty.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by a sudden change of temperature (especially near edges and seams), as well as by direct or sustained heating on its surface. CAMBRIA may notwithstand the direct transfer of heat from pots, pans and appliances such as electric frying pans, griddles, and some crock-pots and roaster ovens. Therefore, the use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended.
- Installation of CAMBRIA countertops is facilitated when walls are straight and when cabinets and other required supports or sub-structures are properly installed and structurally sound and level to 1/8 inch over 10 feet. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will delay the installation of your CAMBRIA until they have been met, and will result in increased installation costs.
- Although quartz surfacing is exceptionally hard and durable, CAMBRIA may be scratched in some instances. It is generally not possible to polish or to remove these scratches.
- CAMBRIA may fade or discolor in direct sunlight, and is not recommended for outdoor uses.
- In order for your CAMBRIA to be covered under the limited warranty, you must complete a CAMBRIA Limited Warranty Registration and Service Questionnaire form.
- Purchasers of CAMBRIA are responsible for the inspection of the material before it is installed. Variations in color, shade, surface imperfections, discrepancies in fabrication specifications, as well as most other potential problems should be addressed prior to installation. No claims for such matters will be accepted after installation. Inspect CAMBRIA carefully and thoroughly before installing it.
Maintaining CAMBRIA is easy. Wash with warm water and non-abrasive cleaners (i.e. Formula 409 or Simple Green) with a clear water rinse. For dried spills, a wet cotton cloth should be used. Avoid using bleach, alkaline (high pH) cleaners such as oven cleaner, abrasive cleaners such as Comet or Soft Scrub, products containing pumice, SOS pads or similar products, paint removers, furniture strippers, and tarnish or silver cleaners. NEVER apply sealers or topical treatments to CAMBRIA. If you have questions about CAMBRIA, 1) consult your dealer, 2) contact StoneTrends, LLC at (636) 537-1607, or 3) contact CAMBRIA at 1-866-CAMBRIA, or visit WWW.CAMBRIAUSA.COM.